Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Work is Ongoing

So, I may be a bit biased, but I feel like my presentation for the department last month went damn well. (former) Prof. Frens and I have decided to try and expand on the project further in hopes of having something to present first at Bar Camp GR and eventually, ideally, at RubyConf.

It took me awhile, but I finally got my current work posted on github. The repository can be found here.

I've been thinking about it a bit, and I think that the next steps should be as follows:

Modify the existing allow_asynchronous method to test my theory that mutex concerns (at least as far as reading goes) will be able to be bypassed through the use of variable bindings and a lambda or a proc. Also, double check the absurd overhead that this would create.

Work on a new way to track thread creation and blocking in order to make this workable on more classes of branching recursive methods. I'm thinking that it would be best to test this with an in-place merge sort or some sort of tree traversal/search method.

No comments: